In Bihar, the Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission recruits for the positions of Police Sub Inspector, Sergeant, and Constable. During their career and after retirement, Bihar Police officers are entitled to a fair salary and benefits. A Bihar Police Constable’s monthly salary varies from INR 30,000 to 40,000, including all perks. The monthly in-hand salary of a Bihar Police Sub-Inspector (SI) ranges from INR 49,772 to 54,212. The Bihar Police Salary ranges from INR 61,382 to 67,872 for individuals who would join as inspectors.
The preliminary test, written exam, and physical exam are all part of the Bihar Police selection process. Furthermore, to qualify the Bihar Police SI Exam, applicants must pass all phases of the recruitment process. Candidates interested in a career with the Bihar Police Cadre should review the compensation structure, allowances, and perks for various positions in this page.
Bihar Police Job Profile and Salary
The initial investigating officer is usually the sub-inspector. The chief constable and constables are under the direction of a sub-inspector. In the table below, you can find the Bihar Police SI Salary and Grade Pay:
|Bihar Police SI||Salary|
|New Rank as Per Pay Matrix||Level 6|
|Revised Basic Pay||Rs 35,400|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs 4,248|
|HRA (If Applicable)||Rs 2,124 /2,832 /5,664|
|City Transport Aid||Rs 600 – 1,500|
|Medical Assistance||Rs 1,000|
|Ration Money Allowances||Rs 3,000|
|Uniform Allowance||Rs 900|
|Vehicle Allowance||Rs 2,500|
|Monthly Salary in Rs||Rs 49,772 – 54,212|
Job Description for a Sub-Inspector in the Bihar Police Department
- The Bihar Police SI has a variety of roles or obligations in order to maintain peace and order in their respective districts.
- SI is in charge of the Constables and the Police Station.
- By recording and evaluating the matter, SI must assume responsibility for every misconduct that occurs within the jurisdiction.
- SI is responsible for filing a false police report against a person.
- SI has the capacity to disperse authority in order to maintain state harmony.
- SI is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with the residents under his Police Station Jurisdiction.
- Customary Patrolling is the responsibility of the SI to guarantee that no misbehaviour is reported.
- SI has the authority to investigate any matter allowed by parliament or state legislation under the Indian Penal Code.
Bihar Police SI Perks & Allowances
Aside from the income, Bihar Police SI salary is huge with many allowances.
- Leave encashment
An amount of money received in return for a period of leave not taken by a Bihar Police SI is known as leave encashment. A Bihar SI may cash in his or her accrued leave at any moment throughout his or her career, including retirement, continuance of service, and quitting the position.
- Travel Allowance
A travel allowance is any payment or advance made to a Bihar Police SI for the purpose of covering business travel expenditures.
- Dearness Allowance
This benefit is dependent on the cost of living, and the Dearness Allowance component varies depending on the employee’s location. It is equal to 12% of the base wage (Rs. 4248/-).
- House Rent Allowance
House Rent Allowances are provided to cover the expenses of settling in a new place and vary depending on where you live. The Bihar Police Subordinate Service Commission pays 6 percent, 8 percent, or 16 percent HRA to Bihar Police SIs depending on where they are posted.
Job Opportunities & Career Growth for Bihar Police SI
The Bihar Police SI provides enormous development chances. The Police SI hierarchy is depicted below.
- Sub – Inspector.
- ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police)
- DCP (Deputy Commissioner of Police)