If you have decided to set up Live Parental Controls on your Netgear router, then you have made a wonderful decision. This feature enables a user to prevent their kids from online threats by denying their access to unauthorized websites. So, if you are looking for a guide to set up Live Parental Controls on your WiFi device, then read this article. But, prior to the steps, let’s make tell you more about this feature.
What Does Parental Control Mean?
In the era of digitization, the internet has taken over the world. Whether it is education or a job, nothing is untouched by the internet. But, with the increased usage of the internet, it is a great challenge for parents to protect their kids from online threats. Enabling the Parental Control feature not only blocks suspicious websites but also helps you to have a check on the online content being accessed by your children. All in all, it keeps an eye on your child’s online activity.
Now, let’s have a look at the steps to enable Live Parental Controls by accessing the setup wizard.
Steps to Enable Live Parental Control on Netgear Router
- Switch on Your Netgear Router
- Plug your Netgear WiFi router into a power source.
- Switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED on your Netgear router to stabilize.
- Connect Your Router and Modem
- Once your Netgear router is powered up properly, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear router and another to the modem.
- Log in to Your Netgear WiFi Router
- Now, turn on your computer and open a web browser you often use.
- Go to the address bar of your web browser and type www.routerlogin.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page displays.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear wireless router into their respective fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- Set Parental Controls
- The Netgear router setup wizard will come into view.
- Now, select the Parental Controls option.
- Click the Windows Users or Mac Users option that applies to you.
- Install the Live Parental Controls management utility by following the on-screen instructions.
- Live Parental Controls will automatically start after the installation.
In this way, you can set up Live Parental Controls on your Netgear router. The dashboard will display Parental Control as Enabled.
Things to Remember While Enabling Parental Controls
Here are a few things that you need to do so that you can enable the Live Parental Controls on your Netgear WiFi router successfully:
- Do not plug your Netgear wireless router into a damaged wall socket.
- Avoid using an outdated web browser to access the Netgear router login page. It is also advised to clear the cookies, cache, and browsing history from your web browser.
- Type the default routerlogin credentials carefully as they are case-sensitive. A little mistake can prevent you from logging in to your router.
- For successfully enabling the Live Parental Controls on your Netgear router, make sure to connect it precisely with the modem. It is advised not to use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect both WiFi devices.
- Do not turn off your router or refresh your web browser while enabling the Live Parental Controls.
- Most importantly, enable parental controls only after performing Netgear router setup properly.
Setting up Live Parental Controls will help you to monitor your kid’s online activities. We hope that you will be able to do so on your Netgear router. Thanks for reading the article.