Weight gaining is different from getting fat. Many people struggle with this thought. When we talk about gaining weight, we generally mean gaining overall mass to improve strength. People with fast metabolism generally face issues like a thin body and weak muscles. Weight gainers are there to help them out as they consist of a good amount of required nutrients for weight gain. These nutrients consist of protein, carbohydrates, fats, and others.
How does a weight gainer help in gaining weight ?
To understand the functioning of weight gainers in the body, let’s understand how we gain weight. People need more calories than they can burn on a daily basis to gain weight. Calories should be from the macro nutrients, including protein, fats, and carbohydrates in balanced amounts. Increasing calories intake doesn’t mean you can eat junk or processed foods as this can’t help in weight gaining but increase unwanted fats.
Weight Gain Sources
When we talk about weight gainers, we mean natural sources and supplements for gaining weight.
- High calorie vegetables: Potatoes, peas, parsnips, beet, brussels sprouts, crosne, artichoke, and others are rich in calories. All these high calorie vegetables consist of calories from carbs, fats, and proteins. Also, these are great sources of other nutrients that help them to get absorbed properly and you end up gaining weight.
- Fruits: There are some fruits, including mango, apple, banana, dates, prunes, raisins, shredded coconut, and others which are rich in calories. Good thing is that it consists of other nutrients like vitamins and minerals along with carbohydrates and fats. That makes fruits the best choice to gain weight.
- Grains: Wheat, rice, millets, chickpeas, beans, soy, and others are the best grains with rich calories. All are easily available and a very important part of our daily life. But not using a balanced amount can lead people to a skinny and weak body. Taking them in a balanced amount helps to provide body protein, fats, carbohydrates in the right amount helps to improve weight gain.
- Meat: One of the richest sources of calories from protein, carbohydrates, and fats that help in gaining weight fastly. Along with protein and the macronutrients, it is a great source of amino acids which play a wide role in bodily functions that ensure proper growth and development.
- Milk: It is known as a complete food as it consists of almost every nutrient that our body needs from protein, calcium, to zinc. Many supplements like whey protein, casein, and others are made from it. Many mass gainers use whey protein to support protein needs for weight gaining and promise to offer strength for heavy weight lifting. With the right nourishment to support training, slowly you develop mass, not fat.
Weight gaining is incomplete without proper training and nutrition. Along with having a balanced intake of protein, fats, carbohydrates, heavy weight lifting is very important. Weight lifting helps you to increase appetite. Only the right nutrients after that can increase your calorie intake. And weight gaining is no more a dream for you.