Without accessing the Linksys extender login page, you can’t configure your WiFi device and change its settings. However, some users face issues while logging in to their Linksys extender. If you are also one of them, here we’ve got your back. In this article, we will provide you various solutions that will help you fix the issue with ease. So, let’s start.
Fixed: Unable to Log in to Linksys Extender
- Relocate Your Linksys Extender
Selecting an appropriate location for your extender is a crucial part of Linksys WiFi setup. If you have placed your Linksys extender at the wrong location, then it might prevent you from logging into your WiFi device. So, it is time to relocate your Linksys wireless extender. You can select the best position for your extender by considering the following points:
- Place your Linksys wireless extender in proximity with your router. But, remember that placing both WiFi devices too close can result in no internet connection. So, it is recommended to maintain a considerable distance between both devices.
- The devices like microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, etc. interrupt the WiFi signals of your Linksys extender. Therefore, keep your extender away from such devices.
- Placing the Linksys extender in the center of a well-ventilated room will improve its performance as well as prevent overheating.
- Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Being a technical device, Linksys extender is prone to technical glitches. Maybe your extender is dealing with the same. So, it is time to reboot your Linksys extender. Rebooting the Linksys wireless extender is referred to as switching off its Power button and turning it on after some time. Once done, try to log in to your extender and see if rebooting resolves the issue for you. If not, then walk through the next solution.
- Access the Correct Web Address
Using an incorrect web address also won’t allow you to log in to your Linksys extender. Chances are that you mistakenly entered the wrong web address. So, confirm that you have accessed http://extender.linksys.com or not. If not, then now is the time. If the default web address does not respond, then try accessing the default IP of your Linksys extender.
- Connect Your WiFi Devices Properly
The improper connection between your Linksys extender and router can also cause the ‘unable to log in to Linksys router’ issue. So, cross-check the connection between your WiFi devices. For a steady connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect your Linksys extender and router. Besides, ensure that there is no cut on the Ethernet cable and the connection is finger-tight and secure.
- Enter the Correct Login Details
The incorrect login details are one of the most prominent reasons that can halt your access to the Linksys extender login page. Therefore, to prevent this, we advise you to check the default username and password twice. Also, keep in mind that the default login details won’t work if you have changed them in the past.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
Followed all the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips and are still stuck with the issue? Don’t worry! Here, we have the ultimate solution left. All you need is to perform Linksys extender reset. Just in case you are wondering about how to reset your Linksys extender, here are the instructions to follow:
- Plug your Linksys wireless extender into a power source and confirm that the power LED is glowing solid green.
- Now, look for the Reset button on your Linksys wireless extender.
- Take a paper clip or a similar object and press the Reset button.
- As soon as you release the button, your Linksys extender will get restored to its factory default settings.
- Once done, configure your Linksys extender from scratch.
Bonus Point: To perform Linksys extender login without any hassle, disable the ad-blocking software and firewall temporarily.
That’s all you can do to get rid of the ‘unable to log in to Linksys router’ issue. We hope that you found the aforementioned guide helpful and will be able to fix the issue. If yes, then we would like to congratulate you on your success!