Do you want to create a blog in Joomla? But have no idea how to do it. Do not worry at all. Whether it is web hosting or cloud hosting, you will be able to create a blog in Joomla just by following some simple steps.
So, let’s get started.
How To Create Blog In Joomla – The Ultimate Guide
Here is a detailed step-by-step guide for creating a blog in Joomla. You can easily generate a blog just by following the below steps.
1. Create The Categories
Before you start with something else, allow me to tell you that organizing your blog is really important. So, you should start with creating some categories. How to do that?
- Go to content.
- Go to categories in your Joomla administrator.
- Click on “New.”
- Create the category “Blog.”
In case you are expecting to have a buddy blog, you can create subcategories after that as well.
2. Create The Menu Link
The next step is to develop a menu link. It will allow your visitors to see your blogs. Follow the below-mentioned steps for creating the menu link.
- Go to Menus.
- Now go to Main Menu.
- In the “Menu Title” area, Enter “Blog.”
- For “Menu Item Type,” click on the blue button written “Select.”
- Now choose “Category Blog.”
- In the “Choose a Category” field, choose “Blog.”
Before we jump into the next step, why not make some changes to your blog display. This will offer your readers an enhanced experience.
- Search for the “Blog Layout” tab, and click on it.
- Now set the field called “Leading Articles” to “10.” this means, across the page, a minimum of 10 articles will get a full-width display.
3. Develop The Articles
Now, you are able to write the very first article for your blog.
- First, go to Content.
- Now go to Articles.
- Now create the article, which will go in the “Blog” category or any other subcategory that you have created already.
When you have reached this point, you will be able to go to the front of your site and also click the “Blog” link. You will see on your blog, several new posts of yours are on live.
After seeing the layout, you may want to make some changes—no need to worry about that as you can easily do whatever changes you want to make. And in order to do that, you need to go back to the “Menus,” then just edit the “Blog” menu link. Now, you can change any feature under the particular tab “Options.”
4. Include A Comments Extension
In case you are wanting to have a true and proper blog, then it is obvious that you will like to collect the comments of your readers. But there are no native comments Joomla features. But you can use an extension for that. Joomlashack recommends an extension named CComment. As per Joomlashack, it works best with them.
On the other hand, when you are asking your readers or viewers to comment, there is a high chance of spamming. You can use two techniques to prevent that, they are
- Only allow those users who are registered to post any comments as per their wish.
- All comments that come from unregistered readers hold them for moderation.
comments will send you an email with a one-click link. You can view each comment, approve or remove them as per your wish just by using the link. This makes the moderation task super easy and reliable as well as google display ads.
5. Add Links To Your Social Media Accounts
Now is the time to add some social media features to your blog. Here you need to show some icons, which will be linked to your social media accounts. And in order to do that, Easy Social Icons is the Joomlashack extension that you will need.
- First, you need to download and install the extension Easy Social Icons.
- Now go to Extensions.
- Go to Modules.
- Lastly, go to JS Easy Social Icons.
- Now enter all the URLs of your social media accounts.
All Set To Go
Now with this guide, you will be able to create a blog in Joomla easily. You also can add social sharing options along with organizing your blog here in Joomla. In case you are facing any issues so let me know. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible. Also, let me know in case you want to know anything else about Joomla.