Best English books. No list to ever exist would satisfy anyone because everyone has different tastes and preferences. But we have handpicked some immaculate novels for you to consider reading.
There are things you can do, things you should do, and things you have to do in life. These same criteria apply to your decision on which book to read next. The best assignment writing services suggest you read a few classic novels to broaden your literary horizons and learn something new. Then there are the novels you simply must read, perhaps the best literature of all time, regardless of who you are. There are several reasons why novels become “must-reads,” and it isn’t always due to their literary merit.
Interesting Books To Read
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (1997).
- Beloved by Tony Morrison (1987).
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood (1985).
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (1995).
- Infinite Jest by David Foster (1996).
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut (1969).
- The Lord of The Rings by JRR Tolkien (1954-1995).
- I, Lucifer by Glen Duncun (2003).
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowling (1997-2007).
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein (1961).
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker (1982).
- Woman on The Edge of Time by Marge Piercy (1976).
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf (1929).
- The Old Man at The Sea by Ernest Hemingway (1952).
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding (1954).
- Empty World by John Christopher (1997).
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee (1960).
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitgerald (1925).
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger (1951).
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (1847).
Top Tricks To Read Interesting Books
Now you might be thinking about how to even start reading a book. No worries, we have got a few tricks up our sleeves to help you with that as well.
Carry your books everywhere you go:
There is always an opportunity to read books you just need to grab the correct moment. Stop scrolling through your phone and read a book instead. Whenever you have a spare moment, just open your book and read.
Keep a list:
There is always a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction when you finish reading a book. This feeling helps you to motivate yourself to read more. Thus, make a list to keep a track of all the books you have finished reading. Also, keep a list of books you would like to read in the future.
Read multiple books at once:
A strategy that works for many people is reading multiple books at once. Keep books of various genres in your collection. This helps to keep your mind and thoughts fresh. If you are a person who gets bored easily then this strategy is for you.
Mark it up:
Marking the important parts of a book brings in multiple benefits. If you need to reference any part of the book then you don’t have to hunt it down because you already have it marked and you know where it is. You can also mark a part that you cannot understand and then revisit it later. This synergistic behavior helps your brain to retain information.
Teaching is one of the best ways to learn and sharing what you have read will entertain and enrich the listener at the same time.
Listen to audiobooks:
Some people who don’t have the patience or are unable to read a book line by line can take the help of audiobooks for listening to the desired book.
Buy books that are a used copy. Use your budget efficiently to buy more used books and not to buy expensive books. This will help you to purchase more.
Keep your eyes open:
Try to find books you are interested in from anywhere you go and make a list of them for you to purchase later.
If you want to make reading a habit, you will have to prioritize. It should have to outweigh your desire to watch Netflix and Chill or scroll through Instagram reels.
Above all, have dedicated reading time:
This helps you to develop a habit. Creating a habit will help you to do it more and more.
We hope this article helps you in the future.